Study Permit Applications from within Canada

Are you currently in Canada and you want to study in Canada but don’t hold a permit yet? There is a reason to smile as you can actually apply for a permit from within Canada.

Following a government decree issued and effective on June 1st in 2004, aspiring students, tourists and even temporary workers seeking to study in Canada can now apply for their study permits while within Canada, instead of leaving Canada to apply. This rule covers visitors that have met the following conditions:

  • Students at the pre-school, primary and secondary school level.
  • Students visiting Canada following the invitation of a particular institution.
  • Anyone who has pursued a complete study program or course, which is a requirement to join a designated learning institution (university or college) in Canada.

Subject to the rules, tourists visiting Canada and temporary workers in Canada who want to study here must send their study permit application to visa application office for your respective countries via mail. If you meet eligibility criteria mentioned above, you can submit your application while still n Canada.

Thanks to this new rule, you don’t have to travel back to your country to apply for your study permit to study in Canada. Instead, MaxCan Immigration based in Markham can conveniently handle your permit application from the GTA. MaxCan is convenient and accessible if you live in any of the following communities:

  • Markham
  • Pickering
  • Richmond Hill
  • Scarborough
  • Stouffville
  • As well as anywhere else in the GTA.

Mary Zhang is an experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant at MaxCan, who has overseen numerous successful applications for study permits for people visiting Canada. She will handle your application and guide you through the process, thoroughly reviewing it to ensure that you get your permit within the first round.