If you are inadmissible to the U.S., you may be able to obtain a waiver to overcome your grounds of inadmissibility. The common grounds of inadmissibility are:

– criminal grounds
– health related grounds
– foreign policy or national security grounds
– drug related offences
– previous removal from the U.S.
– previous violation of U.S. immigration law

The most common grounds are criminal grounds, who have been convicted of, or have committed a crime of moral turpitude (CMT). Not all crimes are considered CMTs in the U.S. immigration definitions. For example, a simple assault may not render you inadmissible to the U.S.

Documents Required

– form I-192 (I-212 is required as well if you left the U.S. on a deportation order)
– from G-325A
– proof of your citizenship and identity such as your passport
– legal name change document, if applicable
– RCMP police record which must be within 15 months of your submission of application
– personal statement regarding your inadmissible grounds
– any and all documents evidencing your rehabilitation and character reformation
– application fee : US$585

Where to file?

The application can be filed either online or in person at a US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) – designated port of entry.


Get personalized US Waiver assistance from Regulated Immigration Consultant Mary Zhang, whose years of experience make her the ideal choice to resolve your inadmissibility to the US. MaxCan Immigration’s offices are located in Markham, Ontario in the Greater Toronto Area.