Study Permit Applications from within Canada

Posted on 24/01/2015

Good news for visitors who would like to study in Canada, but do not yet have a study permit.

Pursuant to the new rules that took effect on June 1, 2014 visitors may apply for a study permit from within Canada if they are one of the following:

• at the pre-school, primary or secondary level;
• are on an academic exchange;
• a visiting student at a designated learning institution;
• have completed a course or program of study, such as ESL, which is a condition for acceptance at a designated learning institution.

Under the previous rules, visitors in Canada must submit their study permit applications by mail to a visa office outside of Canada.

Eligible visitors now have the convenience of submitting their study permit applications from within Canada.
If you wish to apply for a Canadian study permit, contact our office in Markham for more information

Posted in Tips

Related Posts